Call for Editorial Board Members and Associate Editors
About the Role
International Journal of Business Studies (IJBS) is seeking members to join its Editorial Board who will work alongside the Editor-in-Chief. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in peer review process by reviewing papers via JMS within the allocated deadline or suggesting alternative reviewers if you are unable to review within the given time
- Encouraging quality contributions to IJBS from your students, colleagues, and those within your network to submit their latest research; please also consider submitting a paper yourself
- Suggesting special issues and trending topical articles for consideration to the Editor-in-Chief or submit papers on such topics to help improve the impact and reputation of the journal
- Encouraging usage of the Journal by your faculty, students, and others in your network, which will help libraries decide to retain their subscription or decide to subscribe to the Journal at your institution; please also increase awareness of our publication by encouraging others to consider using and citing IJBS y content in their own publications, where appropriate, or add the journal to your reading lists
- Promoting circulation and online usage within your network and please recommend the Journal to your institution or librarian if they do not subscribe already. Subscriptions contribute towards the Journal’s success and increased circulation means increased usage and citations.
- Providing feedback and strategic suggestion to the Editor during journal board meetings or throughout the year; Editorial Board members are essential to creating a journal development plan and we look to you to provide feedback and strategic suggestions for consideration.
- Championing Open Access: Open Research is an important part of academic publishing and will increase usage, citations, and visibility of the content. Please consider asking your networks to submit their work as open access to IJBS or considering doing so yourself
We are accepting applications from highly qualified and well-connected researchers in the field of Business Management. Prior experience in reviewing for peer-reviewed publications is preferred. This is a significant role, but one that is achievable and extremely rewarding.
As an editorial board member, you will receive complimentary online access to the journal, input into the future and strategy of the journal, and a chance to work with outstanding researchers in the field. This is a commission based paid position.
If you would like to apply for a position of an Editorial Board Member or Associate Editor of the International Journal of Business Studies, please submit your application by clicking here to the Portfolio Manager.
Queries will be entertained by:
Your application will be considered by the Editor-in-Chief on a rolling basis.